Saturday, August 05, 2006

How now do we love?


I think every Christian needs to ask the question “How do I love the way Christ loved?” We need to look at the larger scope of what Christ said. Why does he quote the prophets and speak of Moses? Could these have something to do with loving our neighbour as ourselves? Paul says, “Love your neighbour as yourself for this sums up the entire law.” Of course the first commandment is love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Look at what Jesus said in John. He said about five times in three chapters, “If you love me, you will obey my commandments.” How many commandments are there? Is He just speaking of the ten commandments?

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Matt. I am a bible college graduate as of April 2005 and I love scripture and theology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home